This landlord’s tenants almost burnt their house down as if straight out of a horror movie! The tenants were trying to make hemp oil when things went south, and the house caught on fire, following which the landlord asked them to leave, and they refused.
And, if you think this was an accident that was blown out of proportion, hear this: months after they were evicted, they came back for revenge. All the hard work the landlord had put into renovations went down the drain along with the cement they poured down it. We are sure that cemented their bad reputation!
Hippies and Radiation
After living in the house for four days, a family of hippies announced that they were leaving and demanded that their deposit be refunded. Their reason for leaving all of a sudden? Radiation. They claimed that they had to rush their daughter to the emergency room (ER) due to the radiation that was being emitted by a cell tower nearby.
When the landlord checked on the house, though, they found it in a complete mess. From black marks on the surfaces to torn furniture soaked with the smell of urine and feces, they checked all the boxes of bad tenants. The landlord, of course, unapologetically refused to refund their deposit.
Rent Money? More Like Tattoo Money
Yes, you read that right. This poor landlady, who had rented out several duplexes, had a tenant who was always late on rent. Several times the landlady reached out to the tenant regarding the dues, and she heard the same reason repeatedly. The tenant claimed that she was having a really hard time with money.
The landlady sympathized with her and allowed the late payments to go on. But one day, she visited the tenant and saw that she had an entirely new tattoo sleeve on her. If you don't happen to not know, tattoos, especially full sleeves are very expensive. Long story short- the eviction process was started immediately.
Here is a short story with a happy ending. On an occasion, when a landlord visited their tenant's house, they discovered that the tenant had been raising a dog and her puppies in the bathroom. Unfortunately, though, the tenant had not been taking the best care of them.
Their litter bins remained uncleared, and it was evident that the owner was neglecting them. However, on a brighter note, the tenant got evicted, and SPCA was called for the dogs! All's well that ends well.
An Electrical Mess
You would think having electricians as your tenants in your family home would work in your favor for improvements and minor repairs around the house. But, that is not always the case. One day when the landlord's electric bill arrives, they realize that it is nearly double what they pay!
Upon inspecting the power company, they learned that the electrician tenant had rewired the electric connections. The reason they did that? Of course, draw more current to their apartment from the electric meter. They had an eviction letter in their name the following morning. Lights out!